10.03.2012

Go Aly!

This is LOOONG over due but still I want to write it.

Some people are probably wondering what made me come out of my box and talk about my learning disability? Well in all honesty I'm not sure I ever would have if it wasn't for my Baby niece on Claytons side, Alexandra.




I guess it's been 2 months already sense my niece ended up in the hospital. She was having seizures and her brain was swelling. They still aren't sure of the cause but she thankfully recovered. She's now doing physical therapy on a regular bases along with other treatments to help her get back on track in the growing process. It was a frightening time for everyone involved and I hope we never have to experience such fear again.

However, even though she is recovering and doing great there is still a fear of brain damage from the swelling. It's possible because she was so young that her brain will just rewire itself and she will not have any problems but it is also possible that once she gets older she'll show signs of a disability...



So this brings us to why I started talking about my disability... Well I actually had a similar experience as a child.. I was much much younger then her though.. Only 6 weeks old.. I had Spinal Meningitis and should have died... However, I did not. YIPPEE  but unfortunately they told my parents the exact same things as Aly's that I may have brain damage but back then I don't believe they used to do MRI's and stuff (still waiting to get information from my parents journals.) This is very possibly the cause of my Learning disability I also had head trauma from a car accident when I was 4 years old. I flew out the window of our rolling van and landed on the freeway (luckily it was 2 am) and also should have died.. Clearly God wants me here for a reason.. Hopefully I realize what the reason is one day..



I know so much about having a disability that I wanted so badly to be able to tell Clayton's brother and our sister in law that I could help... I kept trying briefly in comments on their facebook and blog but it didn't seem to get the right effect... So alas here I am writing it on my blog to everyone I know and to the whole world... It's scary to be so open on here but at the same time is refreshing.. Not only that but I think I have helped them in the only way I know how to.. We are to far away to help in any major way but I really care for them and my baby niece who's almost a year now! I'm so grateful that she survived and if one day she shows signs of a disability She'll have an aunt who knows that journey and hopefully I'll be able to help her. It's a rough thing but it's made me who I am.

I'm not done with my post about learning disabilities. This is only the beginning. All my foot surgery stuff has gotten in the way but I wanted to remind you all that this is still a series I'm writing about and this is why i'm doing it.

As always GO ALY! For my family who wants to know more here is Their blog Cheering Aly on-- http://cheeringforaly.blogspot.com/


As always---    Claiming Mrs. Edgerton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers