4.30.2011

UBChallenge day 9 Plus.. Foot surgery

Day Nine

Write a letter to: someone you wish you could meet

Dear Mary-Louise Parker,

I've never read anything about who you are in real life. I wish I could meet you though. Your acting is brilliant and I've loved everything you have been in. One. You are beautiful. That's pretty easy to understand. and Two. you make my days brighter with your films. It'd be a honor to meet you even if it were just briefly.

always,
          Kristy E. Edgerton

Tell me: a song that you can dance to.


Basically alll songs i'm okay dancing too..

I choose justin bieber for now.

I want to know: A photo you took

One time I got lucky. 

Show me a photo of the item you last purchased.




FOOT SURGERY DETAILS

Alright. So on thursday we had an appointment with my foot doctor and we went over everything the surgery is going to do so for those of you who are wondering i 'm going to map it out for you. it's kind of interesting in a medical way. hahaha

Okay to start off with here is a picture of my Right Foot:



As you may have noticed I have pointed out the Three different things that will be cut open and "played" with. So first.. My "bunionectomy" (blue arrow) for us dummys.. This is where they Will be Shaving my bunion off and then cutting the bone and moving it to the right place (normal people feet) and Putting a screw in it. 

Second. The (red arrow) "Kidner Procedure" Which means: They will be taking the extra bone off and tightening the tendon that is right now being stretched to it's limits across that bone and causing me a lot of pain when my foot "collapse" when I walk. The extra bone is not a uncommon thing.. all though it usually doesn't hurt people but because I have Very High arches and my bone structure is made for a flat footed person I roll my foot in and it causes a ton of problems. soo that leads us to..

The Third thing (green arrow) "subtalar implant" here is another picture:



 This is a small thing called the subtalar implant. Where that green arrow is pointing is where they will cut a VERY small opening and stick this little bugger inbetween the bones right there (on the side of my foot) with a wire. This wire will go threw my intire foot and then be pulled back out. the bulliet my doctor showed me looked a little different mainly just with different gruves.

So you are probably now wondering "what the heck is that supposed to do?" those are the bones that roll my foot inward. so by placing this nifty little guy inbetween them it holds my foot up correctly making so that I will no longer be getting any more pain. As looong as that bulliet does not bother me once it is in! I wont know if it will bother me until i can put pressure on my foot. and if it does bother me then we have to get it taken out and then do a different surgery that is cutting the bone on the side of my foot and lengthing it to make it so my foot stays on... but we are hoping for the bulliet to work because the other one takes much longer to heal.. and isn't as effective.

What my foot does when I walk/stand to make it more clear:
One on right Normal One on left My foot.
This is it too


You may be like "what you don't look like that" well I have Inserts in my shoes that help me walk mor normal and I've had them sense I was 10 so I tought myself to hold my foot up which also hurts me because it doesn't want to be held up. I'msure you've seen me stand like this before.. at least once. hahah. 



Yes I know this is getting long I"m sorry

So Recover: I have to Have my foot proped up at all times for 3 weeks I can use crutches but really it's better if I don't move for 3 weeks... and i have to be in this beast Day and Night: 



I'm not looking forward to that Then after 3-6 weeks I can put pressure on my foot. that's when we'll know if the bulliet hurts me or not. pray for me that it will work out. Then after wearing the boot but walking on it for 3 weeks we should be able to do the left foot! and the left foot doesn't have an extra bone but I still need the bulliet and the bunion done on that foot also...



SOOO there you have it. My lovely summer is going to be filled with this. :]

leave me some love please. This is a hard time for me.. and I could use your good energy or prayers whatever you believe in I could really use.

Claiming Mrs Edgerton

1 comment:

  1. Here's a whole lot of love and prayers going your way! Good luck with the surgery and let me know how I can help with the recovery.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Followers