6.17.2011

How to Shower After Foot Surgery.

So I know this would have been helpful for me so i'm putting it out there.

Step 1

Have great people in your life:

A. awesome Husband:

B. Great Family


Awesome Friends


Without any one of these things you will NOT be showering after foot surgery. 

Step 2:

Get one of these

Either hook this up before surgery or get one of those amazing people to do it for you! Because there is no way you are hooking that up on crutches. If you do (with no added injury) then please tell/video tape that because I'll be jealous. 

Step 3:

Get a water proof chair and a chair for outside of the tub to put your foot on. For me I used this one from IKEA for 9.99..


Too keep this chair Inside the bathtub without sliding we put a towel down underneath it. Works great!



Step 4:

Again have one of those Amazing people in your life set it all up :


It should look something like this when you are ready. 

Step 5

GET IN THE SHOWER AND HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!



Honestly the shower is the highlight of my day. If you've ever gone threw surgery where you can't move around a lot.. then you know your  body tends to get SORE everywhere.. well getting in the shower doesn't only clean you (which i'm glad I can do) But it takes the pain out of the rest of your body leaving you so refreshed and ready to relax. mmmmm..mmm.mm.

So that's some helpful tips for the person who temporarily has one foot.

Today has been pretty good. Clayton did a lot of lawn work. I started on my dads  Fathers day present it's going to be the cheapest yet greatest gift ever because it's hand made with love. umm we also decide to find out what our cat has played with and lost underneath our stove:


Here is what we found. Three airsoft gun darts, tampon injector, two sharpes, chapstick, easter egg full of M&M's, Chop Stick 3 straws, pen cap, pencil, Tingly lip glosh I lost right after my bach party, and Paintprush

There is only ONE thing we found I'm worried about.. tampon injector. she likes to tip over our garbage cans... yes.. i'm not okay with that ending up under the stove. 

I also had a serious stomach ace.. today... so freaking awful it was like the stomach flue..  which is not good when your foot also hurts.. so we had to come up with a way to take a bath:



That is the result. so that was my day. Have fun with this entry. I did!

Claiming Mrs. Edgerton

1 comment:

Followers