5.05.2011

Updated.

Sooo... I decided that i'm done with this challenge thing.. I'm just kind of bored with it and I don't think others really are to read it either..

HERE is the Update on my foot Surgery for those who knew or read about the other one.

On Wednesday (my supposed to be last day at work) Clayton brought me some pills I forgot to take. The night before I told him my dad said something about possibly getting this job he has been applying for. So when Clayton came to bring me the Pills He had just realized that my dad will probably have to switch insurance... Which would really screw up all the surgeries I needed for this year. We had a plan that We'd get this surgery and then by that time we'd hit the Max Out of Pocket for the insurance which is 2500 and then everything else we'd do (the left foot) would be free as long as we got it the same year. So as you can see we had all this planned so I got really stressed out and Knew that i needed to get out of work so we could call my dad and figure all of this out sense I had Pretty much one day before surgery.

So I called a few people and had someone come in for the rest of my shift. As I was about to leave I had gotten a phone call from my dad. When I called him back he said he had just thought about how he was worrying about switching insurances in a Month.. So I just got super stressed.. and pretty much this is how the information came:

New insurance wont cover one of the surgeries (implant [bullet])

So we decided to go threw with the surgery

Then they said they'd cover a differen't surgery that does the same thing as the bullet (this was around 5ish)

By this time we've spent the whole day crying and frustrated and just mad... Mostly because I knew I'd probably have to wait for a whole month to get the surgery and I just quit my job...

Then we made an appointment for today to go over the other surgery.. so that we can decide what the best option is... and we also found out that it will be twice as long of a recovery to get this other surgery... so that's something that really upset clayton more than me.. He just really hates that I"ll have to be home for a month and a Half (at least) just sitting around with my foot propped up for both surgeries plus the two months to walk in a boot.. Which is obviously stressful sense he is going to school in the summer and in the fall so the money issue...

Well Now it's DECIDED.. we are waiting Until June 8th to get the right foot done.. because my dad will be on the insurance by the 30th and that gives us a week to go threw the stress of calling insurances and hospitals all over again. But it is decided.. The max out of pocket is also 2500 on the new insurance.

So new surgery?


So as I showed before. I will still be getting the two surgeries on the Right. Neither of those will be different.

The one on the left though... is not going to be that little bullet they put in with the wire. now they will be cutting a bone on the side there and Grafting in a bone between them to make it longer. Pretty much 10 times more painful and as I said before the recover is twice as long if everything goes smoothly. 


The dark spot is where the cut will be and as you can see they put something in. That moves my foot the way the arrow is pointing. I also will have a pretty large scar from this one.. but I'm dealing with the choice now. We've also looked online for reviews on the surgery and clayton has a friend who's mom had the same surgery and Luckily the results seem to be really good and people seem really happy with it. 

Oh and best part about today: The doctor had me stand up and looked at my feet for a good two minutes then said "Where did you get these feet?" and started laughing... I think it's because it's really rare to have High arches and my foot acts like it's a flat foot. Either way he was laughing pretty hard.. good times. 


Leave me some love. 

Claiming Mrs. Edgerton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers