11.09.2011

Marriage.

ooooh.. Marriage.

So I got a new job about three weeks ago and everyone is mostly older than me. 24 years old-higher. And they all like to tell me how young I am to get married on a daily basis. Most of them have accepted my views on marriage and think that even though I'm young  I have a pretty level head about me.

Today.. One of my friends said to me "I know what's going to break up your marriage." I didn't really want to ask why but I ended up doing it anyway for whatever reasons.  He gave me this as an answer "When you talk about having kids." So I told him we had already talked about it and he just gave me some "facts" that show that you take what a guy says and subtract it by 3. So this went on for a while because I said clayton wanted up to 3 kids like myself and he said that means he wants 0.





Well the whole point in telling this is just to say my two cents to whoever wants to hear it. Yes, I agree I am young for being married. I'll also admit I openly told most people there was no chance I'd be married by now. I said it daily for a couple years! Yes I know "don't all girls say that?" Maybe. I do not know but I know for a fact I had some pretty good reasons. No, they weren't because of boys I'd dated.

Sorry Mom and Dad but I'll have to bring you guys into this. As almost all of you know, or at least you should, my parents got divorced when I was 18 years old. For some of you this came as a shock. For me and my siblings however, it did not. In fact parts of us hoped one day they would. I'll be the first to admit that I don't think I saw much love in our home. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I don't think there was one person to blame for this. But it really effected me growing up and it really influenced my relationships and the types of people I was drawn to.





I knew from my parents relationship I didn't want that. EVER. and I wasn't really dating anyone after they got divorced I had small relationships but nothing serious. Me and clayton became friends during the hardest part of my parents breakup. The period of time RIGHT before it happens. Which was around September 2008. We stayed friends during that time and became bestfriends before we started dating. Honestly, I had no idea I'd find someone as amazing as him. That he would show me how to love someone and take the time to let me realize that a relationship didn't have to be a crazy one.

I also strongly believe in spending a few years married without kids. Build a great relationship together before bringing such a huge and important life into the world. I know that my relationship is really healthy and happy and even though yes, I'm young, I strongly believe that there are exceptions to the rule. And that I did not go into this marriage blinded by love.


my two cents,
Claiming Mrs. Edgerton.

1 comment:

  1. Well Kristy--I just cried while reading your post--It is quite beautiful and I am so happy for you and Clayton! I would call that a "grown up" post and I love how you put it "Honestly, I had no idea I'd find someone as amazing as him. That he would show me how to love someone and take the time to let me realize that a relationship didn't have to be a crazy one." You are not too young to be truly in love and love is a beautiful thing! I love you guys and the whole world should look forward to all the beautiful children you may have! Love Uncle Steven :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers