9.04.2012

Lets just talk.

I want to step away from the "learning disability" topic. So I'm just going to blab about things I'm thinking about.

First. Me and clayton watched the Hunger Games. He knows the first half of the first book but  he wasn't reading it.. I'd read them out loud to help me remember as a read. I do this a lot and am glad it doesn't annoy him. But anywho it was his first time seeing it! He enjoyed it but said it wasn't "great." I beg to differ but I'm attached by the book. I just love seeing stories come to live. I don't think it was perfect heavens no but I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch it again today. I'm a sucker for this stuff. I didn't think the harry potter movies were the BEST in sense of compassion to the books. I did enjoy them and still do to this day! It's just really great to be able to see a story come to life. See what costumes they used and the art behind it just is wonderful! I'm looking forward to the Hobbit so muuch! can't wait.

On to Topics of MOVING:

One..

 We couldn't find the litter we usually buy at the local store here (everything is local or only have a few branches no chains. There is a target a few miles each direction but not in berkeley.) So we figured we try a new kind... BAD IDEA apparently cats can get attached to litter.. and sense scratch! had used the same kind her whole life.. caaa-bam.. not only that it was just AWFUL stuff.. didn't clump right and they didn't burry it after awhile. Oh and the smell.. the smell was just horrid. So we put backing soda in it to soak the smell up.. and that's when I guess scratch decide no more litter box.. So saturday morning I think it was.. the day after I put the backing soda in we woke up and found Pee... on the... COUCH. ugh it's awful.. the worst part about it is that this couch doesn't have removable cushions.. so we have been trying to get the smell out all weekend.. still not a COMPLETE success.. it's closer... but there seems to be a stench in the back.

Then on Sunday night scratch! peed on our blankets/bed mostly blankets so thank heavens for that! washing the smell out is soooo much easier! and it didn't get on the bed as much! but the stuff we are using got the smell right out of it! it's called Anti-Icky-Poo such a great name.. so that's also been most of our weekend.. YUCKY... if you know me i'm an extreme neat freak.. so my natural instinct is to TOSS this couch out.. it's so gross...



Two..

 PLEASE why did NONE ever mention.. when apartment hunting make sure it has carpet.. I don't know maybe it should just be instinct or what not.. but keeping up all wooden floors is a hassle! I'll figure it out eventually. They look wonderful and really nice but having pets.. equals... Dust/cat litter/cat hair/normal stuff.... and the convenience of carpet just garbing all that stuff is wonderful.. because then you can just use a VACUUM... oh man do I wish... but nope sweeping and mopping the whole apartment.. weeehee I wont make that mistake again. Part of it too is that this is a studio so this may just be something I have to deal with.. and you know what for cheaper rent... I can do it.


Three...

Thank you Berkeley for having pretty great weather. At first I was like.. BRRRR this is so cold why would anyone want to live here.. but that was coming from Utah where it was 97 almost every day at the time. I was also really enjoying the heat and going to 7 peaks and just spending time outside...... which I will miss and will maybe have to make summer trips to utah or other hot places because of this. But honestly it's super nice not to have to use air conditioning! and WAY CHEAP! so lets be thankful. you can just pop those windows open and there you have it a nice pleasant breeze.


also this is the song I just loove right now. I don't care how childish or how much you hate it. I love it. I know every word.




So those were just some of my day to day thoughts. mostly todays.. sense I've been cleaning and such. I"m going to go ride my bike and get a drink. have a nice day everyone!


xxoo

Mrs. Edgerton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers