4.04.2011

SCRATCH! The Cat.

A lot of you know that I had a cat named Meow Meow for about 14 years. I got her when I was 4 years old. However, when my parents got divorced my mom made me put her down. She had recently moved into a town home that you had to put two payments down for two pets and she was already taking care of Bear Bear are little dog that my sister now has. So she told me if I was moving back in with her then I couldn't bring meow meow. At the time i had to move in with my mom with my situation with my dad living with old friends. So on August 8th, 2009 I had to take Meow Meow to the Humane Society with my mom to pay to put Meow Meow to sleep. It was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do during the divorce. Despite how lame it may sound Meow Meow has been my closest friend sense I was a child. She was a cat that thought she was human and she knew that she was my cat. She loved me very much and at a time when I felt really alone I had to lose her. It was really rough. I had to work that day and my dad some how heard about what happened earlier that day and called me upset about the choice we had made. It really upset me. I hadn't cried about it until then because I was in shock about what had happened. Later my little cousin/brother Swayde called asking what happened and I just couldn't take it. I miss her every day sense and she will always be my best friend. I hope animals go to heaven so i can see her again!

Day I lost her.
Well now lets get onto what this post is about. Which, is my new kitty/cat Scratch!. If you are wondering yes her name tag does say "SCRATCH!" with the "!" and all. I thought it was a nice touch. Well ever sense that day I had to put Meow Meow down I wanted a new kitty! I wasn't able to get one though because of where life has been taking me but now I am! Once it got close enough to the wedding me and Clayton went to various Humane Societies from Sandy to Salt Lake looking for a kitten in February. It wasn't a easy task but Finally we just went to the Big one in Salt Lake and Found are little kitten Scratch. I came up with that name months before we got her! I thought it fit the theme of cats I should have. haha "meow meow" "scratch" they are both things cats do. Anyway we played with her for a good 40 minutes in the rooms they have with little toys and she was soo cuuute! I was nervous to get a new cat because i know some people have cats who hide all the time or cats who just don't let you touch them.. and Meow Meow wasn't anything like that she was the sweetest cat ever and she was so good with little kids. I just love a cat that will cuddle with you and kiss you, and are just really sweet, fun, lovable. I didn't want any other kind of cat.

At the Humane Society

When we found her though I knew she was PERFECT! She let me hold her as you can see in the picture and her furr is so scraggly that it fits the name Scratch! When we first got her she was sick with the sneezes which, is something that animals tend to get from being  in the Humane Society. She slept all the time and her favorite spot was on my chest with her head near my shoulder. She did really well at taking the meds though and she soon became the crazy kitten she is now! she runs on everything! and recently started getting up on the counter which is really annoying but the funny thing is everything she does is really innocent she isn't trying to be devious like when she gets on the counter its to get up in the window! She also plays catch! I got a video of it and i'll try to post it on here! hahah. She litterally brings us any one of her two mouses and drops it next to us or in our hand and then we throw it and she brings it back! If we don't play with her she just comes and drops them by us! Sometimes we'll wake up and she will have put all of her mouses next to where we sit normally! it's so cuuute! she loves us so much! She also puts her toys in her food dish! haha she's such a silly cat! On our honey moon we missed her a lot! At the San Diego Zoo every cat like animal made me say awww... I miss Scratch!

I also want to talk about Claytons family! His mom was trying to get Clayton to take kittens a long time before we decided to get a cat and Calyton wouldn't because he was the only one home and the cat would be lonely. Also his Grandparents have like 5 cats and his brother I think has 3! They all helped with scratch when we went on our honey moon and before they would always ask how she was doing! It's so cute! His Grandparents are the sweetest Grandparents I've ever seen! They've been so incredibly supportive of us and his grandpa is someone I would love to make a Cartoon about! He carries pictures of his old vintage car that he takes to shows in his shirt pocket!! hahah he shows them to everyone! It's so so Adorable I love it so much! Anyway, They helped with Scratch and now they all love her! Ben & Tori (Claytons brother&wife) Bought her one of those toes on a string from the dollar store and brought it over! She loves it! it's an easy way to make her tired too!

A little about today? I just have to say I love Wizards of Waverly Place off of the Disney Channel. I've been rewatching season 3 because I don't think I've seen every episode! hah. Love it so much makes me laugh.. The house is a little messy.. we have a lot of bags and boxes full of stuff to go to DI that we haven't had time together to do because of my new job :D! which is okay by me! I picked up Three shifts last week that I wasn't supposed to have which is awesome! Gives me a way to show the managers I'm dedicated! However, My legs feel like they were punched 1,000 times. It's price i'm willing to pay! I need to do Jillian today but i think I'm going to wait until later to do the workout just so my legs can still rest a little! :] So there we go! Have a great day guys! thanks for reading! 
This is a picture of my brothers Cat Misty. He always named his cats Misty.
Anways, this is when we were moving back to Utah and She was pregnant if you couldn't tell!
Well why I like this photo so much is because... My Dad didn't know she
Was Pregnant! hah! so great. I laugh every time!
He was so shocked when she gave birth like Two days after we moved into the house!


Claiming Mrs. Edgerton



2 comments:

  1. I marked this a funny, even though the stuff about Meow Meow made me cry. She was a really good cat. She always looked like she was gonna bump into a wall but she never did. Awww. <3 Scratch! is so freaking cute though! She plays fetch!! My cat Luna just plays with straws and pencils and twist ties, she won't play with toys we buy her. She does love to play with our dog though! That's really funny.

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete

Followers